Friday, May 25, 2007

Roundin' 'em Up: May 25, 2007

I thought I'd try an oil painting for a change. This is the result. I really like the creamy feel of the oils as compared to acrylics. It seemed to be a little easier to get detail with the oil. I also liked the ability to blend and to take my time with the painting. With acrylics I always feel rushed to get the paints down and blended before they dry.
The only problem is that I have no clue how long it will take this little painting to dry so that I can put it up for sale. With acrylics, it is immediate. The other thing I worry about is someone touching it before it is dry.
Oh, it's great to experiment!
"Roundin' 'em Up" is a 2.5"x3.5" ACEO oil painting on illustration board which was coated with several layers of gesso. It was painted May 25, 2007. Sold.

No comments: