Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Junior Duck Stamp and Website: March 24, 2009

Today, I, along with 4 others, had the priviledge of judging the Junior Duck Stamp Competition for Montana. We gathered at the Lee Metcalf Wildlife Refuge in Stevensville and spent 4 hours pouring over all the entries. It's very exciting to see the talent that our young artists have. They ranged in age from kindergarten to high school. The best of show entry will go on to the National Junior Duck Stamp Competition in Washington, DC, in April.

In other news - I now have an official website! It's been long in coming so I'm really excited to have it done. It's still a work in progress but I do have the basics - a gallery to showcase my work, an "about" page with my biography and artist's statement, contact information and news about current, upcoming and past show. You can visit it at www.KianaFecteau.com.

No comments: