Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Glacier Runner (progress): July 1, 2008

I'm finally back to painting! This is a commissioned piece of a trail runner in Glacier National Park. "Glacier Runner" will be a 22"x28" oil painting on canvas. The drawing was done on a neutral-colored underpainting after several layers of gesso were applied to the canvas.
I'm also showing an image of our new cat helping me do the drawing for this painting. We got him at the Missoula Humane Society which has a very nice facility and a knowledgeable staff. He's very different in looks and personality. I'm thinking he is an oriental shorthair. Someday I'll have to do a painting of him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so talented, and I look forward to seeing your painting of the new kitty, as well as your latest piece!! :-) B